M.D., D.D.S. M.B.A.
Managing Member of General Partner
A widely respected physician
and business executive with
an impressive array of business
Successfully led companies at
every stage – from inception
to successful sale – creating
industry-leading products and
generating high returns for
Focused on the health and
science technology sector,
capitalizing on his background
in medicine and business to
lead M&A, turnarounds, and
development and initiatives.
Companies he has led have
made a significant positive
impact on society and the
welfare of people everywhere.
Certain Key Accomplishments:
• Founder, Chairman & CEO of the company.
• Sold to become the core of Juno Therapeutics, which later had the largest biotech IPO of 2014.
• Jan 2018, Celgene announced a $9 billion deal to puchase 90% of Juno.
• A health care service provider which he founded in 1996.
• Grew organically from 1 to approx. 600 employees.
• Sold at a significant multiple of invested capital to a public company approx two and a half years from inception, in 1999.
• Received over 30 community service awards and a state congressional medal of honor for its work with infants.
• Biotech firm developing the world’s first and only light adjustable intraocular lens for cataract surgery.
• Dr. Kavanaugh played a pivotal role in assisting Calhoun from inception at CalTech to commercialization abroad.
• Approved in Europe with a CE Mark and also in Mexico
• Led the company into the stages of US clinical trials, where its industry leading and disruptive product has completed all 600 patients in US Phase III (the final) clinical trials.
• Co-founder of Black Light Surgical, Inc., Fortem Neuroscience Inc., Hydrophilix, Inc., LongLifeRx, Inc., Nanotech Energy, Inc., Novonco Therapeutics Inc., is chairman of the board of directors of Arrogene, Inc., Black Light Surgical, Inc. (co-chairman), Fortem Neuroscience Inc. (co-chairman), Hydrophilix, Inc., LongLifeRx, Inc., Nanotech Energy, Inc., Novonco Therapeutics Inc., Orbsen Therapeutics, Ltd., SuperMetalix, Inc., Vault Nano Inc. dba Vault Pharma and Westwood Bioscience, Inc., is the chief executive officer or acting chief executive officer of SuperMetalix, Inc., Nanotech Energy, Inc. and Novonco Therapeutics Inc.